Chef Ryan Kluver’s Grilled Lobster Lettuce Wraps with Sesame Remoulade and Pomegranate.
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- ½ cup sesame oil
- salt and pepper (as needed for seasoning)
- 4 (6 to 8 oz) raw lobster tails
- 1 celery root (peeled and cut into fine julienned “matchsticks”)
- ¼ olive oil
- 8 whole little gem lettuce leaves
- 8 whole baby red butter lettuce leaves (or similar red lettuce)
- 8 whole parilla sesame leaves (you may also use shiso leaves)
- micro-green or fresh baby herbs (as needed for garnish)
- 2–3 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
Make the sesame remoulade: In a medium bowl combine tahini, lemon juice, Dijon and whole-grain mustard. Whisk until smooth and then begin to slowly add the sesame oil, whisking the whole time, until emulsified and thick. You might not use all of the oil, use your judgment. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss julienned celery root with just enough of the sesame remoulade mixture to coat. Set aside up to 2 hours in advance.
Just before serving heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Leaving the lobster in its shell cut the lobster tails in half lengthwise. Brush the exposed flesh with olive oil and season them with salt, and pepper. Run a skewer lengthwise through each tail section to keep it straight while grilling. Set the tails aside while prepping the serving plates with the rest of the ingredients.
Create the lettuce wraps by placing a green little gem lettuce leaf onto the center of each of 8 salad plates, top each with a baby red butter lettuce leaf, and then a sesame leaf. Scatter a few fresh micro-greens on top of the lettuce stacks.
When ready to serve grill the lobster tails flesh side down for approximately 5 minutes, then flip for another 3 or 4 minutes until cooked through. Quickly remove the tail meat from the shells and place them together in a large bowl. Gently toss with pomegranate molasses. Season lightly with salt and pepper if you like.
Top each of the lettuce stacks with one section of lobster tail, about 2 heaping spoonfuls of the celery root mixture, a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds and a few more fresh micro-greens. Serve immediately, encouraging the diner to pick the wraps up and eat them out of hand.