The dill pickle and herb relish gives these grilled bacon-wrapped mushrooms a hit of bright flavor.
- 1 small Persian cucumber (peeled and seed and cut into 1/8-inch dice)
- ½ cup dill pickle cut into 1/8-inch dice
- ½ cup minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle brine
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing )
- kosher salt (as needed for seasoning)
- 3/4-1 pound meaty mushroom (cut into 20 bite-size chunks)
- 10 strips bacon (halved lengthwise)
- lemon wedges (for serving)
In a small bowl, toss cucumbers, pickles, parsley and pickle brine with 3/4 cup of olive oil; season with salt. Set aside.
Light a grill., or heat a grill pan.
Meanwhile, wrap each mushroom in a bacon slice. Thread 5 wrapped mushrooms onto each of 4 the onto skewers. Brush with olive oil and season lightly with salt.
Grill the skewers over moderate heat, turning often, until the bacon is cooked and the mushroomss are tender; about 8 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve with lemon wedges and the remaining pickle relish.