My Green Goddess Dressing shows up in several recipes on this blog. Here it is presented all on its own so you can choose to use it as you like.
- ½ ripe avocado (peeled and chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley leaves (lightly packed)
- 2–3 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
In a blender or mini food processor, combine avocado, parsley, anchovies, garlic, chives, tarragon, sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice; blend until smooth. Scrape the dressing into a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving time.