Crunchy leaves of baby gem lettuce, a block of creamy blue cheese, toasted walnuts, celery, and green grapes. This Gem Lettuce Salad with Grapes and Blue Cheese may be simple but it’s got it all.
There will be more dressing than you need for this salad. The leftover may be stored covered in the refrigerator.
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup walnut oil
- 2 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup walnuts (whole or half pieces, perferably)
- 1 pound baby gem lettuces or Bibb lettuce ( torn or sliced into large peices)
- ½ pound light colored inner stalks of celery with leaves (stems halved lengthwise if necessary and cut into 1 ½–inch batons and leaves left whole)
- 1 ½ cup green grapes (halved)
- Flaky sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 ounce blue cheese (crumbled)
In a small bowl, whisk the apple cider vinegar with the olive and walnut oils, crème fraîche, and Dijon until smooth and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
In a small skillet, heat the walnuts, tossing occasionally, until toasted, about 6 minutes. Arrange the lettuce on a large serving platter, followed by the celery stems and leaves, warm walnuts, and grapes. Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette, season lightly with sea salt and pepper, and top with the blue cheese before serving.