Fresh Tomato and Charred Corn Pasta Salad with Red Wine-Oregano Vinaigrette
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 12 kalamata olives (pitted and chopped)
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano (leaves only, plus plenty more as garnish)
- 2 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for grill)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (plus more for seasoning)
- 4 ears of fresh corn (husked and silks removed)
- 1 pound dried orecchiette pasta
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 5 ounce crumbled feta
Make the Red Wine-Oregano Vinaigrette: In a blender, combine vinegar, lemon juice, olives. oregano, garlic, honey, oil, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Blend on high speed until very smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the vinaigrette into a lidded jar. Keep covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Char the corn: Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Rub corn with oil. Grill, turning frequently, until corn is charred and heated through, 10–12 minutes. Remove from grill; when cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs and transfer to a large bowl. Corn can be made 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature until ready to continue.
Assemble the salad: Bring a large pot salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 12 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Drain the pasta and place the pasta in a large serving bowl. Add about ⅓ cup Red Wine-Oregano Vinaigrette to the pasta while still warm, stir to combine. Set aside to cool completely, stirring occasionally and possibly adding more vinaigrette to prevent sticking.
Meanwhile halve, core and cut the tomatoes into bite-sized chunks.
Once the pasta has cooled add tomatoes, corn, and feta cheese to the serving bowl. Toss to combine. Garnish generously with extra oregano leaves and black pepper. Serve with additional Red Wine-Oregano Vinaigrette on the side.