Five-Spice Peach, Raspberry, and Radicchio Salad is neither a fruit salad nor a vegetable salad. It’s a hybrid. Both fruit and veg. I hope we’ve all come to a point that unusual combinations make us open our mouths before we raise our eyebrows.
If you can find a fresh Calabrian chile, that’s great. However, jarred in oil varieties are terrific too. Look for them online.
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 Calabrian chile-see notes (stemmed, seeded, and minced – about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 small shallot (peeled and thinly sliced — about 20 grams)
- 3 ounce fresh raspberries
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound ripe but firm peaches (halved, pitted and sliced into ⅓‑inch thick pieces)
- 2 cup fresh arugula
- ¼ head of radicchio (sliced crosswise into 3/4‑inch strips)
In a bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, maple syrup, five-spice powder, minced Calabrian chile, and sliced shallot. Add the raspberries and crush them with the back of a fork until they are juicy yet still retain some rustic texture. Stir well; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the peaches, arugula, and radicchio on a serving platter. Drizzle the dressing on top. Mix well and serve.