The goat cheese dressing is just one layer of the big flavors in this fresh fig salad. Speck is an cured and smoked Italian meat similar to prosciutto.
You may substitute prosciutto for speck if you prefer.
- 8 ounce fresh goat cheese (softened)
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- kosher salt (as needed)
- freshly cracked black pepper (as needed)
- 6 cup baby arugula (lightly packed)
- 3 ounce speck (thinly sliced, then torn into strips)
- 12 ripe fresh figs (halved lengthwise)
Make the dressing: Blend goat cheese, yogurt and lime juice in mini food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Season dipping sauce to taste with a pinch each salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. May be made up to 24 hours in advance to this point. Place the arugula on a serving plate; top with speck and fig halves. Drizzle the dressing on top to taste and give the salad a few grinds of black pepper.