Figs at their peek are earthy and sweet. Capture the goodness of this summer treat with this delicious fig jam.
makes 1 quart
- 3 pound figs, stemmed and quartered
- 3 whole lemons, thinly sliced, juice reserved
- 3 cup sugar
- 3 cup water
- 3 pinch salt
1. Combine all the ingredients, including the lemon juice into a 3
⅓ quart pan.
2. Cook at a low boil for at least ½ hour until it becomes thick
and jammy. The exact amount of time depends on the figs you are
using. But you’ll know when they are done!
3. Put jam into jars and seal according to manufactured directions.
It may be kept in the refrigerator for about one month if you choose
not to use the canning method of storage