This is a serve yourself Fig, Feta, Balsamic and Mint appetizer. I like to keep the feta in a large block so that guests can break of a piece as big or small as they like.
I like Bulgarian sheep’s milk feta for this recipe. Though any feta is delicious with figs.
- 1 (8 oz) block feta cheese
- 8 ounce fresh figs (halved lengthwise if desired)
- 2–3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper (as needed)
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar (optional, for drizzling)
Put block of feta on a serving platter. Arrange figs over and around the cheese. Drizzle the figs with oil, season with pepper and garnish with mint. Serve the balsamic on the side as an optional drizzle.