Figs and feta are a magical combination. This creamy spread is sweetened with a touch of honey to make these crostini an easy and elegant appetizer.
- ½ baguette
- 2 tablespoon very good olive oil
- 8 ounce crumbled feta cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- ¼ pound prosciutto, sliced very thin and torn into 24 even sized pieces
- 12 fresh figs, halved lengthwise
Pre-heat the broiler. Cut the baguette in to 24 slices about ¼â€ thick. Move them to a baking sheet and brush the top-side with the olive oil. Broil until toasted on one side 1 or 2 minutes. Set aside.
In a small bowl vigorously beat both cheeses together, Add the honey and the thyme leaves and continue mixing until a smooth texture is achieved.
Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture onto each toast round. Then artfully arrange a piece of prosciutto onto each toast. Garnish with additional thyme leaves.
Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture onto each fig half and also garnish with thyme. Serve immediately.