This is both traditional and elegant. It does not hurt that it’s simple to make too.
- 12 ounce fresh cranberries
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 orange, zest only
- ⅓ cup cognac
1. Rinse and drain the cranberries, discarding any bruised ones. Mix all the ingredients together very well in a bowl.
2. Pour the mixture into a baking dish
3. Bake uncovered for 1 hour 20 mins, stirring often to assure that all the sugar has dissolved.
4. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
5. Refrigerate overnight or up to 5 days