All of old Hollywood came together on Tuesday nights at the legendary Cocoanut Grove. It’s easy to imagine the stars of the silver screen dancing, drinking and eating the night away. This classic recipe was a favorite.
- 1 clove garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 pinch italian parsley, leaves only, minced
- 1 dash tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, minced
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 18 california oysters
- parmesan cheese, grated
1. Mix all the ingredients (except the oysters and Parmesan) together very well. Make sure the butter is softened.
1. Open the oysters on the half shell. Set them in a baking dish, covering each completely with the compound butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
2. Bake until browned and serve hot. About 12 minutes at 350 degrees F.