This Citrus-Cumin Dressing comes from Melissa Clark. It makes just enough to dribble over four serving of chicken or fish.
My zesting grater has the option of very thin strips or a fine grate. I chose strips for this presentation.
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 orange (some zest and juice)
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (plus more as needed)
Heat a small skillet over medium heat, and toast the cumin seeds in it until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer them to a medium bowl, grate the zest of half the orange into the bowl. Then juice the orange and add the juice as well. Grate the lime zest and squeeze in the juice. Add the ground cumin, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Set aside.