- 1 English cucumber (peeled and chopped)
- 2–3 ripe but firm avocados (peeled, pitted and chopped) about 1½ lbs
- 2 sliced scallions (white and light green parts only)
- 1 cup chicken broth (may substitute vegetable broth, more milk, or water)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon white pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- parsley sprigs (as garnish)
In the bowl of a food processor or blender combine the cucumber, avocado and scallions. Pulse several times until the mixture is uniformly chopped.
Add broth, milk and lemon juice and continue to process until the mixture is completely smooth.
Season with white pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper, then refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 4 hours.
Taste for seasoning and serve in chilled bowls with parsley as garnish.