Chicken Jicama Salad with Green Goddess Dressing.
- ½ ripe avocado (peeled and pitted)
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 3 anchovy fillets (packed in oil; drained)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and black pepper (as seasoning)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium jicama
- 2 tablespoon chopped dill
- lettuce leaves (as needed, for serving)
Make the dressing: In a blender or mini food processor, combine avocado, parsley, anchovies, garlic, chives, tarragon, sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice; blend until smooth. Scrape the dressing into a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving time.
Cook the chicken: Sprinkle chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the skillet, swirl to coat the bottom and place the chicken thighs into the pan in a single layer. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through, turning once. Transfer to cutting board to rest about 6 minutes. Slice the chicken into strips across the grain then roughly chop into bite-size pieces; set aside.
Prepare the Jicama: Carefully peel the jicama using a knife. Cut the jicama crosswise into ¼-inch thick slices. Cut the slices lengthwise into ¼-inch matchsticks. Place the matchsticks into a large bowl and cover with cool water; soak at least 20 minutes, then drain, rinse and dry the jicama. Set aside.
Assemble the salad: Toss the jicama, chicken, chopped dill and about ½ cup dressing (or to taste) until well-coated. Serve the salad immediately on top of the lettuce leaves.