Crisp and cool these steamed Asparagus with Goat Cheese make a light lunch are a terrific side dish. The goat cheese and radishes make a surprising pair of partners and really finish the plate in beautifully seasonal style.
- 1½ pound asparagus, trimmed, lower halves peeled
- 3 ounce soft goat cheese, cut crosswise into 8 rounds
- ¼ pound arugula, washed and dried
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ clove garlic, peeled & minced
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
Prepare an ice bath. Set aside.
Steam asparagus in a steamer set over boiling water, covered, until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer immediately to the ice bath to stop cooking, then drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large serving plate and top with goat cheese rounds.
Set aside a few arugula leaves as garnish. Roughly chop remaining arugula. In a blender, combine chopped arugula, oil, garlic and pinch salt; blend until smooth.
Drizzle a little sauce over asparagus and cheese, put the rest in a small bowl to pass at the table. Garnish the plate of asparagus with with a few radish slices and reserved arugula as garnish. Serve with the sauce on the side.