Complex flavors both sweet and savory make this a satisfying and flavorful pork recipe. Apple Molasses Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes, Apples and Walnuts.
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 2 tablespoon apple juice concentrate
- 1½ teaspoon corasely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ pound boneless pork tenderloin
- 3 cup sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 firm baking apples such as jonagold cut into 8 sections each
- ¼ cup chopped walnut pieces
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, minced
- ¼ cup honey
Combine the walnut oil, apple juice concentrate, honey black pepper, salt, molasses, apple cider vinegar, into a large zip lock bag. Add the pork the tenderloin to the bag and seal it tightly, pushing out as much air as possible. Let this marinate in the refrigerator at least 8 hours, and up to 3 days.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the tenderloin onto the bottom of a large shallow sided baking dish. Spread the sweet potatoes all around the meat, then pour most of the marinade into the baking dish, until the liquid covers the sweet potatoes about ½-inch. Put the meat and potatoes into the oven and roast 10 minutes. At this time open the oven and baste the meat and potatoes with the pan liquid, then add the apple slices and chopped walnut pieces. Sprinkle the minced thyme over everything and and roast another 20-30 minutes, until an instant read thermometer reads 135 degrees. remove the meat from the oven and move it to a cutting board to rest about 7 minutes. Slice and serve with the potatoes and apples.