The Pimento Sandwich. If you grew up in the south you know what I am talking about here!
makes about 8 sandwiches
- 2 ounce neufchatel cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup Dukes mayonnaise
- ½ cup roasted red peppers diced
- 1 ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried ground chipotle
- 8 ounce sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 8 ounce sharp white cheddar cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt as needed
Mix the first five ingredients together and then add in the shredded cheese. Taste and add salt as needed for seasoning. Chill for one hour. Serve on wheat bread with the crusts cut off.