This Is Just to Say
I have eaten
that were in
you were probably
they were delicious
and so cold
Why would I start a post about Caramelized Chestnuts & Brussels Sprouts in a Cider Vinegar Glaze with a William Carlos Williams poem about stealing plums?
Well because I am a part of a group of people who relish in stealing metaphorical plums whenever and wherever we can. And like the plum thief in the these lines above, we are not really sorry when we do. Because it satisfies something in us. Something about us. I feel lucky to know these people. But if it weren’t for our shared love of the symbolic plum, we may never have met. And if it weren’t for the internet we may have never known the bond we share. The bond that makes us an extended family.
So how does a group of people like this celebrate the plummiest Holiday of them all– Thanksgiving?
Well, with our mouths wide open of course. Because open mouths lead to open hearts. So I was happy to share a little pre-holiday food love with my second family of online plum lovers. We got together to make and share a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving meal. We did it partly to bring you Holiday inspiration. But we gathered together mostly because the ripe plums, “so sweet and so cold”, compelled us to.
So make the jump and check out the meal we brought to our Thanksgiving table. Because we hope you are inspired to steal a few plums yourself. GREG
- APPETIZER — Crispy Yukon Gold Latkes with Harvest Fruit Puree — Tori Avey — The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- TURKEY – Tips to Make Any Turkey Beautiful and How to Make the Sugared Grapes and Leaves Garnish — Denise Vivaldo – Food Fanatics Unwashed
- SALAD – Crab, Avocado, Pomegranate Salad in Crisp Endive Leaves with Pomegranate Dressing — Rachael Hutchings – La Fuji Mama
- POTATO – Garlic and Herb Potato Gratin – Dorothy Reinhold – Shockingly Delicious
- CRANBERRY – Fresh Cranberry and Ginger Relish – Dorothy Reinhold – Shockingly Delicious
- SIDE — Caramelized Chestnuts and Brussels Sprouts in a Buttery Cider Vinegar Glaze — Greg Henry – Sippity Sup
- SIDE — Spiced Roasted Root Vegetables with Carrots, Yams, Parsnips and Chippollini Onions — Cheryl D Lee — Black Girl Chefs Whites
- BREAD – Caramelized Shallot and Herb Focaccia — Louise Mellor – Geez Louise
- DESSERT — Kahlúa Sweet Potato Pie with Kahlua Whipped Cream — Patti Londre – Worth The Whisk