This is one of my favorite salsas. I serve it with everything from brined, grilled shrimp to beef. It is one of the Trio of Salsas I like to serve with Tri-Tip at a summer barbecue.
- 4 ounce fresh tomatillos, husked, washed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon serrano chile, seeded and corarsely chopped, or to taste
- 1 large ripe, creamy acocado, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground balck pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, coarsely chopped
In a food processor, combine the tomatillos, remaining teaspoon garlic, and serrano chile; pulse to finely chop. Add the avocado and green onion and pulse til just blended. The finished salsa should have some texture.
Place the salsa in a small bowl and toss with the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Store, covered and refrigerated up to 2 hours. Toss with cilantro just before serving.