A Southern classic, the pimiento sandwich is a specialty of everyone’s mother. This is a gussied up version, and it’s the specialty of house at The Ham Shoppe in Valle Crucis, North Carolina.
- 4 ounce pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 4 ounce swiss cheese
- 4 ounce havarti cheese
- ¼ cup pickled jalepeno pepper brine
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 (8‑oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (4‑oz) jars pimientos, drained
- 16 slice sourdough bread, toasted
- ½ cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1½ cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- 8 slice cooked bacon
Position shredding disc in food processor bowl; shred first four ingredients, and place in a large bowl. Add pepper juice and the next three ingredients; stir well.
Spread one half cup pimiento cheese filling on each of eight toast slices. Top pimiento cheese evenly with spinach leaves, cucumber slices, onion slices, alfalfa sprouts, bacon slices, and remaining toast slices.