The pungency of the herb and olive flavored butter pairs so well with the sweet heat in good radishes. I used the “Watermelon” variety on top of sliced baguette for a deliciously cool appetizer that is richly satisfying.
- 16 oil-cured black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 4 ounce (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced lengthwise and toasted
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced and cut to fit baguette as needed, depending on their size
- 1 pinch good sea salt, to taste
In a small bowl mix together olives, scallions, mint, and butter. Season with a pinch of pepper. Spread olive-butter onto each baguette slice. Thinly layer radish slices on top of each buttered baguette half. Season with penty of good sea salt. Slice crosswise and serve.