Tomatoes are fruit (yes they are!) so why not a tomato fruit salad?
- 1 pound tomatoes that are interesting such as grape, cherry, red, orange, yellow, green, zebra, and heirloom
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 cup strawberries cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 orange zested and cut in segments
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- honey , drizzled
- 1 pinch salt
- toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds handful
- ½ cup mascarpone at room temperature
- ½ cup plain yogurt
1. Cut the tomatoes in bite-sized pieces. Add the grapes, strawberries, orange and grapefruit segments.
2. Add the orange and lemon zest, the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, herbs and honey. Mix well and let it sit for 1 hour in the fridge so the flavors can marry and the juices combine. Stir well a couple of times.
3. Beat the mascarpone until fluffy, adds the yogurt, and drizzle with some honey.
4. Sprinkle seeds on the salad and serve with a dollop of the mascarpone yogurt, drizzle some more honey if you wish and throw some breezy mint leaves on top. Welcome spring!