This is a classic mustard based coleslaw customary to many of the best BBQ joints in Memphis with the added kick of chipotle and a bit of sweet summer corn.
- 2 cup fresh or canned cooked corn kernels
- 8 cup cabbage, shredded slaw style
- 1 cup green bell pepper, shredded slaw style
- ½ cup carrot, shredded slaw style
- ¼ cup celery, thinly sliced crosswise
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup saucy mama chipotle mustard
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup mayonaisse
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
Combine the corn, cabbage, bell pepper, carrot, celery, and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and blend until the dressing becomes smooth. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and mix it together well. Chill and serve.