Sweet, earthy and a bit spicy this unusual Carrot-Habanero Salsa has it all.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup peeled and thinly sliced carrot coins
- 1 yellow bell pepper (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 habanero chile (stemmed )
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
In a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and then saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Then, add the carrot and cook for 4 minutes, or until soft. Add the bell pepper and saute for 3 minutes. Add the habanero and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt. Slide all the ingredients into a food processor and puree. When smooth mix in the lime juice.