This salad is a wonderful combination of tastes and textures. Cruchy walnuts and creamy avocados. While Haas avocados are wonderful. This salad is best with a firmer, crisper variety.
- 1 ripe avocado, try a “bacon” or “florida” if available
- ½ cup whole toasted walnut halves
- 4 ounce crumbled chevre cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon walnut oil, plus more for finish
- 1 sml bunch watercress, cleaned
1. Peel and slice avocado and arrange on a serving plate.
2. Crumble chevre over avocado slices and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
3. In a small bowl toss the watercress with the walnut oil. Adding the dressed greens to the serving platter.
4. Drizzle a small amount additional oil if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.