- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1½ pound assorted mushrooms, such as shitake, cremini & baby bellas, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup dry white vermouth
- 1 pound wide cut egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon parsley leaves, chopped
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large dutch oven set over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, until softened; about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cooking an additional minute more. Next add the thyme, salt, pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
Lower the heat and add the mushrooms, stirring until slightly wilted; about 10 minutes. Add the broth and wine, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes he broth will be slightly reduced.
While the mushrooms are cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles, and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, then put them back into the same warm pot you cooked them in. Add the remaining butter and stir to coat lightly in butter.
When ready to serve, stir the sour cream into the mushroom mixture and gently Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if necessary. Toss the mushroom mixture with the warm buttered noodles. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.