This is a recipe for an vegetarian Indian dish with spiced cauliflower and potatoes.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger (about 1â€³ knob)
- 2 medium onions minced
- 1 chili minced (i used a habanero but if thatâ€™s too spicy you can use a serano chili)
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ tumeric
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon honey (or vegan sugar)
- ½ cup water
- 3 yukon gold potatoes cut into ½â€³ cubes
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup green peas
- cilantro hand torn (for garnish)
Heat heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until very hot and add the oil. Add the mustard seeds, cumin and cloves and stir until the spices begin to crackle. Add the ginger and garlic and fry until fragrant then add the onion. Fry this mixture until the onions are soft and just starting to turn brown, then add the chili, garam masala, turmeric, salt, honey, water and potatoes.
Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes, add the cauliflower and cook until everything is tender, another 30-40 minutes. Add the lemon juice and peas at the very end and serve the Aloo Gobi garnished with cilantro alongside some basmati rice and raita.